Cancer Patient's Journey E-Learning Course
Learn about the journey through the healthcare system that may be undertaken by someone diagnosed as having cancer.Ask us about our Cancer Patient's Journey e-learning course
Cancer Patient's Journey Aims
The diagnosis, treatment and experience of cancer patients has changed significantly in recent years.
The objective of the Calman-Hine Report was to restructure cancer services in order to deliver a uniform standard of high quality care at three levels; Primary Care, designated Cancer Units and Cancer Centres.
The Cancer Reform Strategy has targets for preventing cancer, diagnosing cancer earlier and better treatment.
Improving Outcomes Guidance, published by the Department of Health, provides best practice on referral, investigations, diagnosis and the best treatments that patients should be offered for specific types of cancer.
Cancer Patient's Journey E-Learning Objectives
The course is designed to give health professionals a clear overview of the journey that may be taken by someone diagnosed as having cancer. It will examine the common experiences of a cancer patient as they follow a route through the healthcare system.
The course aims to:
- Improve awareness of how the patient and their family may experience cancer
- Provide information which will enable health professionals to offer effective support to patients and carers
Cancer Patient's Journey E-Learning Course Content
The course includes:
- Investigations and diagnosis
- Living with cancer
- Support for carers
Access this course immediately for:
Health Services E-Learning
- Better Health, Better Lives
- Carers Awareness
- Continence Care
- Consent to Treatment in Mental Health Law
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Early Help Assessment
- Food Safety, Infection Control, Nutrition and Hydration
- Hidden Harm
- Manager Induction Standards
- Meeting the CQC's Essential Standards in Primary Dental Care
- Mental Capacity Act
- Person Centred Thinking
- Safeguarding Adults under the Care Act 2014
- Safeguarding Children
- Safeguarding Leadership
- Stroke Pathway
- Support Brokerage
- The Cancer Patient's Journey
- Understanding Autism
Change the site's text size: